At a launch event held today, Guests of Honour YB Puan Michelle Ng Mei Sze, ADUN Subang Jaya; Datuk Abdul Wahab Bin Khalil, Adviser to Da Men USJ and Mr. Andrew Yap, Founder and Managing Director of BookXcess, were present to kick off Malaysia Day celebrations at the mall, alongside other representatives from the community.
In support of BookXcess’s nationwide donation drive to collect 13,000 books to be donated to the underprivileged through NGO Hub, The Book Effect and Buku Jalanan Chowkit, Da Men USJ announced a donation of RM20,000 worth in books (approximately 1000 books) to the Subang community. Present to receive the donations were beneficiaries STEM 4ALL Makerspace, Sri Tanjung Community Library, SS19/1 Community Library and Pusat Peduli Kanak-Kanak Subang Jaya.
“As a community mall, Da Men USJ plays its part this Malaysia Day to cultivate learning, celebrate knowledge and grow the love of books. Coupled with BookXcess’s pledge, this initiative further unites and enriches the communities in need through knowledge”, says Datuk Abdul Wahab Bin Khalil, Adviser to Da Men USJ.
This Malaysia Day, shoppers are invited to participate in the many engaging activities, vibrant retail offerings, rewards and more, to promote unity and social bonding at Da Men USJ. Here are 13 ways to celebrate: -
1. Xcess A New Literary AdventureStep into a literary wonderland. For the first time, Da Men USJ partners with BookXcess to bring a book fair like no other in the heart of Subang Jaya. With 18,000 sq ft spanning 3 floors (Lower Ground, Ground and First Floor), enjoy discounts from 50% - 80% on a selection of 100,000 books across different genres and experience a calm and serene book shopping atmosphere with luscious green trees and relaxing book reading environment from now until 30 September.
2. Read - Anytime, AnywhereDiscover Book Corners in select retail outlets mall-wide. Pop into STEM 4ALL Makerspace and you will find books on science, technology, engineering and mathematics to complement the store experience or Union Artisan Coffee for a good book read as you sip your coffee.
3. Unity In DoodlingExpress your hopes for the nation through artful expressions. From now until 16 September, shoppers are invited to contribute their doodles on the giant canvas that can be found near the Information Counter, Ground Floor.
4. September Babies Celebrate!Discover a birthday party unlike any other. Da Men USJ has specially curated birthday deals and packages at STEM 4ALL Makerspace, Global Art and Music Box Karaoke, so you and your friends can learn, create and sing your hearts out in celebration without breaking the bank.
5. Quality Time With The FamilyJoin in the many activities from DIY your own ‘Malaysia Cares’-themed canvas painting and tote-bag from to joining the mall’s ‘Family Fun Ride’ around USJ everySunday with free bicycle rental from City Cycle, 1st Floor.
6. Enrich Your WeekendDrop by for an engaging kids story-telling session or an educational ‘Art of Parenting’ talk, on 12 and 13 September respectively. The mall will host an exclusive panel discussion on ‘How to Survive In a Toxic World’ on Saturday, 12 September.
7. Support Local Entrepreneurs
In line with the Government’s ‘Buy Malaysian Products’ campaign, visit our ‘A Taste of Malaysia’ fair and discover handmade arts and crafts, snacks, confectioneries, coffee and tea, homemade artisanal food and more.
8. Mid-Autumn Offerings
Celebrate the diversity of Malaysian festivities through the mall’s Mid-Autumn campaign featuring a mini lantern festival celebration on 26 September and explore scrumptious halal and non-halal mooncakes from brands such as Grand Harbour, Swensens, Starbucks, Malaysian Flavours and more.
9. Insta-Worthy Hotspots
Drop by our Sakura Garden, Main Entrance from now until 1 October and capture memorable shots with a gorgeous backdrop of sakura trees adorned with lanterns in a wide variety of colours, shapes and sizes.
10. Take A Stroll Down Lantern Street
Inspired by Malaysia’s popular ‘Night Market’ culture, visit Da Men USJ’s Lantern Street from now until 1 October. Shoppers are greeted with hanging lanterns designed and hand-painted by teachers and students from Global Art, 4th Floor while delighting in push-carts offering a wide variety of products such as mooncakes, lanterns, arts & crafts and more.
11. Free Nasi Lemak
Da Men USJ is the place to be on Malaysia Day, with the mall treating shoppers to 500 free packets of Grandmama’s traditional recipe Nasi Lemak!
12. Malaysia Day Specials
Enjoy a hearty meal with loved ones at Samy & Min Bak Kut Teh, La Mee Ya Xiao Lao Wang, Oh Cha Cha, Coffee & Toast and Chan Meng Kee with Merdeka and Malaysia Day specials.
13. Redemptions & Rewards
Get an exclusive BookXcess tote bag when you spend RM130 at the book fair by BookXcess while stocks last. From now until 1 October, spend RM80 in a single receipt (RM60 for Public Bank cardmember) mall-wide to redeem an exclusive traditional lantern.
For more information and further enquiries, visit Da Men USJ’s website at www.damenmall.com, Instagram account at https://www.instagram.com/damenmall/ or contact Da Men USJ’s Customer Service Hotline at 03 8021 0222.
About Da Men USJ
Located in the heart of USJ, Da Men USJ is positioned as a community-friendly mall, engaging and bringing together the community of Subang Jaya and beyond as a hub for student creativity, charity events, family-friendly activities and festive celebrations throughout the year. Da Men USJ is a great value destination for shopping and dining experiences, featuring a wide array of cuisines at Food Arcade and entertainment at the galaxy-themed Music Box Karaoke.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Joel Chong, Senior Executive, Public Relations at +603 2118 8229 (ext. 229) or email firstname.lastname@example.org